Friday, October 17, 2014

I never understood why people have a problem with ex's. If anything I know I love you because of my ex's. When we're tangled beneath our sheets enveloped by the darkness of my room as your breaths become sharper and faster I know I love you. I know I love  you because I'm focused on the sound of your breathing and the touch of your skin, I'm focused on the way your lips curve and your fingers clench the sheets. I love you because when you fall asleep beside me I'll stay awake for the next hour tracing your tattoo and kissing down your spine. Although others have kissed your skin and left faint traces of them on you, they are not the ones who still get to kiss you in the night and wake up to your smile in the morning. I swear I've spent hours trying to memorize every detail of you, I think that one day I'll regret it because when you leave I'll still be thinking about the way your skin feels beneath my fingers and the way your eyes light up in the sun. I could spend forever looking at you. I love you because somehow you have become more fascinating than the books I hide behind, and I'll kiss you every morning before I brush my teeth even though I hate doing that. (but your kisses are better than waiting to kiss you because morning breath) I love you in such a way that is completely unfathomable.